6 Mistakes You Shouldn’t Make While Heating Your Home This Year
- TURNING UP A THERMOSTAT TOO HIGH TO HEAT A COLD HOUSE– Thermostats don’t work like an accelerator on a car… turning the heat up to blistering levels won’t warm your house any faster. BE PATIENT!
- TURNING THE THERMOSTAT WAY DOWN AT NIGHT– Avoided extremes with your thermostat… don’t require your heating system to do a lot of work to warm the house in the morning.
- OVERWORKING A THERMOSTAT THAT HAS ITS LIMITS– Do not force your furnace to work beyond its capability. Instead, find out what’s causing the problem and fix it.
- HEATING AN EMPTY HOUSE – Heating an empty house is one of the easiest ways to ways your money…. A programmable thermostat can save hundreds of dollars every year.
- LEAVING CURTAINS CLOSED ON SUNNY DAYS– Open the curtains to allow as much heating sunlight in to your dwelling as possible.
- KEEP WINDOWS UNLOCKED– if you forget to lock those windows up before the cold weather arrive, take the time now to ensure all windows are locked and sealed to keep warm are for escaping.