As the summer of 2014 comes to a close and schools are beginning their school year, the Boise area still has lots of things you can see and do to enjoy the outdoors.
- August 17th – Festival of India at the Hari Krishna Temple – check out the House of 10,000 flowers and sample an assortment of Indian cuisine.
Hare Krishna Temple
1615 Martha St.
Boise, ID 83706
- August 30th – Brew at The Zoo – For those over 21 who enjoy sampling micro breers, this will be a great event. Check out this link for more info on the Brew at the Zoo.
355 Julia Davis Dr.
Boise, ID 83702
- Visit a local winery such as:
- Snake River Winery
786 W Broad St
107 E 44th St
Garden City, ID
- Fraser Vineyard
1004 S La Pointe St
- World Center for Birds of Prey – one of the coolest things you can check out this not only this summer, but most of the year as well. Visiting the birds of Prey center is a great activity for the entire family.
5668 West Flying Hawk Lane
Boise, Idaho 83709
- Get out and enjoy the Boise River Greenbelt – with tons of walkways for rollerblading, jogging, bike riding, or hiking. This is really a great place to spend some quality family time.
Sites to find Boise Activities:
- AOL Travel Guide
- Events Page on the Idaho Statesman
- Downtown Boise Events Calendar